Custom Application Development using Oracle APEX
Oracle Application Express (APEX) is a fully supported “no-cost” option of the Oracle Database for developing Web applications. Using only a web browser, you can develop and deploy professional Web-based applications for desktops and mobile devices utilizing your skills in SQL and PL/SQL. It is a fully supported, no cost option of the Oracle Database, and is installed by default in all editions of the Oracle Database.
In addition to building modern, responsive, and accessible web applications, Oracle APEX enables you to easily build mobile applications.
Express Lane Development
“Use Oracle Application Express to quickly build roadworthy mobile applications.”
APEX mobile application pages use the open source jQuery Mobile framework, using it, you can quickly create jQuery Mobile-based web pages in applications for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
Features of APEX
- Reports – The tool features dynamic reports that allows end users to customize standard reports. Interactive reports allow the end user to select desired columns, filter, sort, group, highlight, aggregate, compute and many other operations without involving the IT department
- Charting – The tool has the ability to create stunning charts, dials, graphs, Gantt charts using “Flash” technology
- Access Migration Tool – APEX has a built-in tool for migrating Microsoft Access applications to APEX. On average the tool can automatically migrate about 80 percent of an Access application
- Calendars – The tool has built-in calendars for reporting purposes with month/week/day views. There are also date picker calendars that are fully customizable
- Logic Processing – APEX contains many built-in computations, validations and processing that accelerate the development process. Developers can also create their own custom computations, validations and processing
- Session State Management – APEX automatically manages session state without maintaining a persistent database session for the duration of the user session
- Websheets – Websheets allow the end users to publish content and to manage who has access to the content. Using websheets, end users can create their own ad hoc reports and publish them for others to view
- Authentication & Authorization – APEX has several built-in authentication and authorization schemes that can be used to build a secure application. Developers can also create custom authentication and authorization schemes. Authorizations can easily be based on “Roles” created in the database or a LDAP server
- Conditional Processing – In APEX, everything (pages, items, buttons, etc) has conditional logic that determines visibility to the end user. Conditional processing can be combined with an authentication scheme to manage access in an APEX application
- REST Web Services – REST Web Services uses a much simpler architecture than SOAP style web services and it is easy to build forms and reports based on a web service. Web Services extends the functionality of APEX applications
- Logging & Monitoring – APEX has its own built-in logging and monitoring services. Both developer and end user activities are automatically logged and are viewable by querying the internal APEX tables
- Quality Assurance – APEX is a self-documenting, declarative development tool that stores all definitions and development efforts in the database in the form of metadata. The metadata is mostly used to dynamically generate HTML pages, but they can also be used as a source of documentation and as a quality assurance tool. The APEX Advisor uses the metadata to generate quality checks reports to ensure quality in the application
Our Oracle Experts are on-call to resolve your challenge.
Whether you are looking for a simple application that can be developed in a few weeks or a business application that requires a detailed design and architecture, our consultants have the necessary experience to build robust and economical solutions without ever compromising quality. Let BrightStar be your guide to successfully building systems using this sophisticated technology.