Why in the world would you keep two systems of human resource data?
To support a system governing enterprise-wide business operation, coordinating the configuration and maintenance of Human Capital Management (HCM) data is a critical component. After all, human resource data is an essential part of the business infrastructure. Products within Oracle’s ERP Cloud continue to expand the use of HCM to manage core HR data such as employees, organizations, jobs, and locations, enabling business process and workflow functionality such as shipment delivery locations, project staffing and validation of project charges, and approval routing.
Clients typically find five major benefits in using an integrated suite of HCM and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) deployed on a single platform:
- Security &Governance – Integration also impinges on security. Single Sign-On (SSO) security is straightforward to implement in a homogeneous single platform environment like Oracle ERP Cloud and Oracle HCM Cloud. Conversely, instigating SSO in a heterogeneous environment such as an ERP system cloud deployment with a 3rd party Human Resource Management System (HRMS) is a protracted exercise and ultimately more of a work around than a built-in solution.In addition, configuration of your organizations, business units,and employees provides clear hierarchies of personnel that your Oracle ERP Cloud solutions can leverage to facilitate consistent governance across your business
- Workflow & Business Process – Having a single unified cloud platform ensures a single business process tool that cuts across processes and domains to ensure consistent workflows. For example, when an employee creates a purchase requisition, the business process will be able to determine the approval routing by leveraging both information in Oracle ERP Cloud and Oracle HCM Cloud; including business unit and employee cost center, the approval limits in the management chain, the item category, and the location of the employee
- Reporting & Analysis – Having a single unified cloud platform gives you a single data source and a single reporting environment across the enterprise to apply the same security and controls. You can drive transnational reporting needs, or run some predictive analysis to drive your business forward knowing that the security and access approvals are the same in both the Oracle ERP Cloud and Oracle HCM Cloud.In addition, more data, secured appropriately, allows for better insights to the business, giving richer information and the ability to correlate data across different domains using the same powerful business intelligence capabilities. Oracle Application Cloud delivers pre-built content targeting not only the data scientists but content that is understood by your HR users and your line of business managers as well.
- Common Self-service Access – A manager is also an employee. The unified cloud platform provides a common entry point for everyone to have a consistent user experience across the domains. This gives you one login to access the information you are allowed to see and the information you need from one system.
- Single Data Entry Point – The following figures show the myriad of process integration points across the various domains in an enterprise deployment.When the ERP and HR information are on different platforms this leads to costly maintenance and integration challenges.
Together the five benefits remove integration effort and reduce total cost of ownership leading to a faster return on your investment.