1. What is SAP BI/BO?
SAP Business Objects BI (also known as BO or BOBJ) is a suite of front-end applications that allow business users to view, sort and analyze business intelligence data.
2. What is Business Objects?
Business Objects provides a set of tools for building data warehouses very efficiently. Business objects is an integrated query, reporting and analysis solution for business professionals that allow them to access the data in their corporate databases directly from their desktop and present and analyze this information in a business objects document
3. There are many advantages in making use of business objects and they areExplain the pros of using business objects.
- User friendliness
- Business terms that are familiar
- Graphical interface
- Deployment of documents on an enterprise basis by making use of WebI
- Dragging and dropping
- Powerful reports for a lesser amount of time.
4. What is Designer?
The Universe designer uses designer to design, create and maintain universes for a particular group of users. A universe designer can distribute a universe as a file through the file system, or by exporting it to a repository.designer is a Business Objects product intended specifically for you the Universe designer.
It is important to analyze the type of information that the end users at your site will require so that you can develop universes that meet the needs of the user community. This includes the actual reports, information, or results likely to be required by the end users.
5. What is Universe?
A universe is a mapping of the data structure found in databases: tables, columns, joins. A universe is made up of classes, objects and conditions.A universe is the semantic layer that isolates the end user from the technical issues of the database structure.
6. What is the use of BusinessObjects Data Services?
BusinessObjects Data Services provides a graphical interface that allows you to easily create jobs that extract data from heterogeneous sources, transform that data to meet the business requirements of your organization, and load the data into a single location.
7. What is the difference between SAP BW 3.0B and SAO BW 3.1C, 3.5?
The best answer here is Business Content. There is additional Business Content provided with BW 3.1C that wasn’t found in BW 3.0B. SAP has a pretty decent reference library on their Web site that documents that additional objects found with 3.1C.
8. What is index?
Indices/indexes are used to locate needed records in a database table quickly. BW uses two types of indices, B-tree indices for regular database tables and bitmap indices for fact tables and aggregate tables.
9. What is KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)?
- Predefined calculations that render summarized and/or aggregated information, which is useful in making strategic decisions.
- Also known as Performance Measure, Performance Metric measures. KPIs are put in place and visible to an organization to indicate the level of progress and status of change efforts in an organization.
KPIs are industry-recognized measurements on which to base critical business decisions.In SAP BW, Business Content KPIs have been developed based upon input from customers, partners, and industry experts to ensure that they reflect best practices.
10. What is OSS?
OSS is Online support system runs by SAP to support the customers.
11. What is BW Statistics and how is it used?
The set of info cubes delivered by SAP as a part of SAP BIW which are useful in measuring the performance of how quickly a query is calculated, or how quickly data in loaded into BW and so on. BW statistics are the name suggest are useful in showing data about the costs associated with BW queries, aggregative data, OLAP, SAP business warehouse management.