Today, with increase in promotional and marketing strategies it is getting most important to get a reliable forecast numbers to manage business more efficiently.
Oracle Demand Planning provides a single version of truth, view to predict and shape customer demand across your enterprise. It helps manufacturers and distributors to understand your total demand plan to take into account:
- Promotions and events
- Product lifecycle changes
Survey shows that demand planning has clear benefits on company’s revenue, customer service and operational cost.
Demand Planning contains three modules that you can deploy individually or combine to form a complete supply chain planning platform:
- Demand Planner—to deliver accurate “self-learning” forecasts for improved forecast accuracy.
- Inventory Planner—to optimize inventory at each distribution hub, ensuring the highest levels of available stock for a given customer service-level target.
- Replenishment Planner—to plan inventory and distribution movements through every node of your supply chain, from supplier through manufacturer and all levels of your distribution chain.
Here is what this means:
- Demand forecasting – This powerful forecasting tool in a graphical environment automatically detects seasonality, trends, slow-moving items, unusual outliers, and step-changes in demand. With the “self-learning” engine, you forecast demand at any combination of product group, customer, or channel. Model scenarios to see the effect of promotions and events and their future impact.
- Web-based collaboration – Share knowledge with every stakeholder in the demand planning process. Your internal sales and demand planners better shape demand. External customers contribute with visible input to improve your responsiveness. Suppliers upstream know your plans and improve their delivery performance.
- Inventory planning – Analyze, model, and strike the right balance between target service levels and your inventory investment. Redistribute inventory according to predicted demand to ensure it meets tailored service levels—and increase your stock turn rates.
- Replenishment planning – Automatically align supply replenishment with demand across your entire manufacturing and distribution network. Using different modeled scenarios, you can see results ripple through and quickly realign inventory, transport, manufacturing, and buying plans.